UPDATES AND REMINDERS FOR THE WEEK OF 1/30/2017
- Tue, 1/31: Big Band, 7:30-8am (Freshmen excused)
- Tue, 1/31: Pep Band, 5pm call time.
- Wed, 2/1: Big Band, 7:30-8am (Freshmen excused)
- Wed, 2/1: Big Band PERFORMANCE. Report to Rialto at 5pm with all equipment. Setup & dinner, performance from 6-8pm. Pick-up at Rialto.
- Thu, 2/2: Jazz Lab, 3:30-5pm.
- Thu, 2/2: Symphonic Band Clinic, 6-8pm, JCHS Band Room.
- Sat, 2/4: District 86 Solo and Ensemble Contest: not required to attend, but D86 is looking for some volunteers if anyone is interested.
SYMPHONIC BAND REHEARSAL SCHEDULE
Symphonic Band Clinic Rehearsal: February 2, 6-8pm, with Brian Covey, Director of Bands, Lockport High School. Symphonic Band students will be professionally recorded on Thursday, February 16, from 6-9pm. This session is mandatory.
PERCUSSION AND JAZZ CONCERT
Our percussion ensemble, big band, and jazz lab will present a concert on Thursday, February 9, at 7pm in the auditorium. Admission is free. Come on out and enjoy the music of some of our smaller ensembles!
Our next major concert is Sunday, February 26, at 3pm (this date has changed from the original calendar published in August). We will have performances by the Concert Band, Symphonic Band, and our special guests will be the District 86 Joliet All-City Band. Our guest conductor for the afternoon will be Philip Clarke, JCHS Class of 1972.
The Pep Band schedule has been posted on our band calendar since August; for ease of use, a sheet with all of the dates listed is supplied below. Note: we will not be requiring students to purchase a polo or shirt for pep band; students may wear spirit wear and/or their marching band t-shirt.
ALUMNI PEP NIGHT
The JTHS Band Alumni Association will be hosting its Alumni Pep Night on Friday, February 10. Pizza will be provided. More information soon, and if you know an alumni that would like to participate, please spread the word.
CALENDAR AND STAYING CONNECTED
A reminder: our band calendar is located online at www.jolietcentralbands.org, under calendar. The calendar is updated regularly - please stay informed and connected!