Dear students and parents,
Thank you to all for a successful start of the school year! In a short amount of time, we have:
- performed a concert at Bicentennial Park with the Symphonic Band
- performed at open house with our Big Band
- performed with the marching band at our first football game
- debuted our new uniforms with the help of many parent volunteers
- started on concert band and symphonic band in the classroom
Pictures of the group on Friday night in the new uniforms are coming soon!
Some updates and reminders:
- Please view our calendar for all upcoming dates and events. If it's on the calendar and it's your group, you need to be there!
- Band fees are due! Please visit www.charmsoffice.com, and enter jolietcentralband as the school code. You may then login using your student's ID number, and you may view financial balances and other information. If you are unable to login, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can reset your password.
- Band trip information was sent out via the HAC system. We assume the cost of the trip will go down, but we will need a preliminary count of how many students are planning on attending. If your student is planning on attending the band trip, please visit the email in HAC, and submit your deposit by October 17.
- New this year: we are now accepting payments through credit card/paypal in Charms. You can pay for band fees, trip deposits, etc, via credit card. You do not need a paypal account to use credit cards!
- Your students have assignments due this year using our Smartmusic system. When you have a chance, ask them to show you the program - it's a great tool to help us manage assessment, and help your students practice more!
Many upcoming dates - please check the calendar. As a final note, our first home concert will be Sunday, November 19 at 3pm!