What a year so far (but we're still not done!).Congratulations to the band for a successful trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee. The students performed at the Smoky Mountain Music Festival and earned the following: 1st Place Class 4A, Superior Rating, Outstanding Flute Section, Outstanding Horn Section, and Outstanding Tuba Section. Outstanding soloist awards were awarded to the following students: Zach Sperstad, Trumpet; Mariah Frykholm, Saxophone; Sydni Smith, Piccolo, and Valeria Perez, Flute. Great job to all! Thank you to all students and chaperone helpers for a successful trip. Next band trip is 2019-2020. Location: to be determined.
Now, on to the next. Some reminders regarding upcoming dates:
- Thurs/May 3: SIP Day - please encourage your students to attend. These are attendance days.
- Sat/Mat 5: SuperState (Symphonic Band). Permission forms still available. 8am call, 9am departure. Early bus leaves University of Illinois at 3:45pm with a chaperone; late bus leaves 9:30pm from U of I.
- Tues/May 8: Final Band Parent Association Meeting of the year. 7pm, band room.
- Sun/May 20: Spring Band Concert (all band members). 2pm call, 3pm start.
- Fri/May 25: AVAC/Transition Center Graduation (Symphonic Band): morning ceremony/during school.
- Fri/June 1: Graduation (Symphonic Band). Evening - call time available soon.
- Tues/June 12: First marching band rehearsal for 2018-2019 band! 6-8pm.
Our summer calendar/2018-2019 calendar will be available by the end of this week.