Parents and Students - we are quickly approaching the close to another school year! As always, please check our calendar for all dates and events by visiting the calendar section of this website, or by clicking this link. Below is some additional information about upcoming events.
- Dinner Dance: tickets are still available for our dinner dance on Friday, April 20. Although this dinner features our jazz groups, this dinner benefits the entire band program and is one of our largest fundraisers. Please Contact Band Parent Treasurer Jackie Bedolla at 815-919-8313 for tickets - $45 a person, or $85 per couple for dinner, music and dancing at the Jacob Henry Mansion starting at 6:30pm.
- Band Trip: Band trip rehearsals are Tuesdays from 7-9pm, up to the week of the trip. Our final parent and student trip meeting will be Tuesday, April 24, from 6:30-7pm; our final rehearsal for students will follow. During this meeting, students and adults will receive a packet containing the final, updated itinerary, rooming list, student expectations, clothing & uniform checklist, and some things to keep in mind. Emergency numbers for the director and chaperones will be supplied, and we will go over school rules, policies, and discipline procedures.
- SuperState - for the second year in a row, our Symphonic Band has been accepted to perform at the Illinois SuperState Festival. We are all extremely proud of the work our fine students have done. SuperState is one of the highest honors in the state of Illinois, and we are proud to be involved and representing the city of Joliet. SuperState is May 5, 2018, and a timeline is located on our calendar. Call time will be 8am, and we will leave at 9am for the University of Illinois. Our official performance time is 1:45pm. If you are able to make it to watch your child perform, there is no greater concert hall - they will sound fantastic! If you are unable to attend, you can enjoy the livestream at www.banddirector.com. We will provide an early bus back that will leave at 3:45pm for those students wanting to come back early, and the other buses will remain until the conclusion of the festival to listen to the University of Illinois Wind Symphony and attend the recognition ceremony. Approximate departure time for the late bus from U of I is 9:15pm.
- Final Concert is May 20 - 3pm. Please join us in celebrating our seniors in their final band concert!
- Friday, June 1: Graduation. Symphonic Performance - timeline to come out soon.
- BAND CAMP! Band Camp will be the week of July 30. More details will follow regarding summer band.