WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 10
Band - Homecoming week is quickly coming up! Please use this letter as a reminder of the dates that are on our calendar, found at www.jolietcentralbands.org.
· Tuesday, September 11: Marching Band Rehearsal, 6-8pm. Also, our POPCORN SALE kicks off! We are asking each member to sell, sell, sell!
· Thursday, September 13: NO REHEARSAL
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 18: HOMECOMING WEEK
· Tuesday, September 18: Marching Band Rehearsal, 6-8pm.
· Wednesday, September 19: Powder Puff Game Performance, 4pm call time, 5pm game start. Spirit wear/band t-shirt; leave after halftime. Meet in band room.
· Thursday, September 20: PERFORMANCE: JTHS Foundation Reception for Arlene Albert. Please be dressed by 4:15pm; 5pm performance. Expected completion time: 6pm. Uniforms: please have black socks, black drillmaster shoes, band t-shirt.
· Friday, September 21: Pep Assembly: during school (wear spirit wear). Released 7th, attend 8th.
· Saturday, September 22: Homecoming Parade & Homecoming Football Game
o Parade Information:
§ Call time: 7:45am
§ Dressed: begin getting dressed at 8am. Ready by 9am. Black socks, black shoes, band t-shirt.
§ Step off (approximate): 9:30am outside of Joliet Central.
§ Route can be found on www.jths.org – parade begins on Herkimer.
o Game information:
§ Call time: DRESSED by noon.
· It will be a while before you eat at the game. (Of course, don’t eat in your uniform jacket).
· Students may not leave the premises in their uniform!
§ Game start: 1:00pm
§ Tickets are available presale only! Please check www.jths.org for ticket information. The band does not sell or have resources for game tickets.
Looking forward to seeing you all during this busy week! -Mr. Stinson